Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Bike Seat!!

All right so I'm not officially signed up yet, but I have my eye on a couple of century bike rides in my area. When I was younger I rode 50 miles on my mountain bike and it sucked!  I'm hoping that 100 miles on a road bike will be better.  Either way it should be a great experience and should be fun.  In preparation for my 100 miles in the saddle I've decided to invest in a softer seat than my original shown below.  This thing is more of a racing seat and even with padded biking shorts longer rides can literally be a pain in the "sitbones"!
Enter my new seat.  A Serfas MH-RX Performance seat with I.C.S. (infinite comfort system) and let me tell you it's awesome.  It's a split seat design so that each side can move independent of the other.  This also makes the seat a anatomical channel to reduce pressure in the special areas.
The comfort is what you would expect from something like this.  I would equate it to a cloud cushioning your backside.  Pair it with padded bike shorts and you have one nice ride!  It's waterproof, breathable and made from anti-microbial microfiber.  I would definitely recommend this seat if anyone is looking to upgrade to a long distance seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment