Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday July 27 2011

Good morning!

Rough morning this morning.  The 5 a.m. alarm came way to soon.  Being more of a night owl rather than a early bird makes waking up before 8 a.m. equivalent to pulling teeth.  Especially since I didn't have my wife to kick me out of bed and I stayed up to late last night.  This made for a trifecta of reasons to stay in bed and blow off my workout.  

Today was supposed to be a fun run day, but since my riding buddy didn't make his ride yesterday on his own I hopped on the bike and rode with him instead.  We like to change things up so in the spirit of alternating routes he had sent me a map of a nice seven mile jaunt through a couple neighborhoods.  I will admit that it was a very creative - emphasis on creative - route that looked more like some kind of cross between a hidden treasure map, figure eight, and his four year old's line tracing through a maze.  We started out alright in familiar territory, but soon we were lost in suburbia hell.  Winding roads, dead ends, circles, courts, they all blended together.  It wasn't long before east became west and north was south.  You wouldn't believe how much riding it takes to make seven miles in a neighborhood!  Ultimately we made our way back home without adding to much extra riding.

Route Stats:
Activity - Biking
Time - 36m:46s
Distance - 7.27 miles
Average speed - 11.9 mi/hr
Total climb - 134 yards

Lessons Learned:
Study your route and remember it!

No comments:

Post a Comment