Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemade Medicine Ball

Have you looked to see how much medicine balls are online?  Holy cow they are expensive!  One site that I looked at had 20# balls (hehe) for $100+!!  Now I know that there are some out there closer to the $30-$40 mark, but I like to do things myself and often times make things more difficult than they should be.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it's a miss (my wife loves my little adventures) but I'm happy with the results this time.  The pictures aren't the best my lighting was terrible this evening.  None-the-less check it out!















So I went to Wall-Mart and picked up some supplies.  A rubber basketball, Gorilla Tape, a box cutter, and liquid nails, and sand that isn't shown.  I think everyone knows what sand is.















First thing I did was deflate the basketball.  Hind sight it didn't really make a difference, but safety first!  Ok so then I cut a triangle in the ball at the valve cut off the valve and placed an empty bottle in the hole I made.  This served as my funnel for the sand.















So from here I just filled it to my desired weight of 20# and then I had to seal the hole I made.  Insert liquid nails.















I know it's not the most good looking seal, but it's functional.  Once the seal dried I began to wrap the whole thing in the gorilla tape and BAM.  Done!
It's not the prettiest thing, but it cost me around $10.  Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment