Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday August 11 2011

What a difference a couple days...err a week makes.  It was a late bike ride today but the weather was beautiful this evening.  So nice in fact that I saw a couple of hot air balloons floating around and some wicked looking helicopters.  They looked like commercial aircraft, but like nothing I've seen before.  Anyway back to the ride.  I really didn't have any direction except forward.  Total distance was just shy of ten miles and it was a meandering ten miles at that.  I was really powering up the hills tonight and wasn't feeling as winded as I usually do.  I noticed that I wasn't shifting to easier gears nearly as much as I used to do also.  So I guess that translates into progression?  I am worried that I will have a flat tire tomorrow though.  I was powering up my last hill and a car was following closely behind me so I was holding a straight line and before I knew it I slammed into a giant pot hole.  Of course once I hit hole the car decided to pass me.  Naturally!  I was able to stay up right and not flip over my handle bars by hopping my front tire up, but until I figure out how to "bunny hop" my road bike my rear tire is going to take the brunt of the pot hole encounters.  What would you have done?  Take your chances swerving to miss the pot hole and cut the car off or hit the pot hole and try not to fly over the handle bars?  I'll leave it there and I look forward to seeing if anyone weights in.

Route Stats:
Activity - Biking
Time - 38m:26s
Distance - 9.8 miles
Average speed -15.3 mi/hr
Total climb - 166 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment